2018 Martin Luther King, Jr. Poster Contest
January 14, 2018
To honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and raise awareness about his accomplishments, Fort Stewart Family Homes will have an art contest for our BBC kids. The contest is divided the participating grades into two groups.
The attached entry form is for grades 6-12 to create a poster illustrating how Dr. King worked.The categories of the contest differ depending on the grade of the students, but all are intended to teach students about Dr. King’s legacy.
Eligibility & Rules
1. The theme of this year’s contest is “Freedom: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow,” which reflects Dr. King’s hope for freedom and a brighter tomorrow for all Americans. All residents who submit a poster must be in the sixth through twelfth grade and live in a Fort Stewart Family Homes residence.
2. Poster must be original work of the entrant and demonstrate in some personal way the contest theme - Freedom: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.”
3. Entries must be submitted on paper (dimensions: 8 1/2” x 11 up to 12” x 18”). Poster can be created using any of the following: crayons, markers, paints, pencils, ink or similar medium, No collages (glued on print or pictures), computer art, or posters larger than 12” x 18” will be accepted. Entrants may submit only one entry. In order for an entry to be considered complete, the entrant must submit the following:
• Poster – Included on the reverse side of the poster must be the title of work and the name and grade of the artist
• Description - Briefly describe how the poster in some way shows how freedom (or lack of freedom) looked in the past, today, and what it might look like in the future. (100 words or less);
• Entry Form – All information on the entry form must be completed and signed by the student and the student’s parent or guardian.
4. By signing the entry form and submitting it, the parent or guardian agrees to grant Fort Stewart Family Homes permission to use the poster in displays related to the contest and in printed and electronic publications.
5. Entries will be judges on artistic expression, creativity and originality, and how they capture the theme of the contest. All decisions of the judges are final. Fort Stewart Family Homes reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to contest rules and criteria or are of an inappropriate nature.
6. Deadline for entries: Entries should be submitted to the Southern Oaks Leasing Office, Attn: Genese Lane, LifeWorks Coordinator.
7. The deadline is Sunday, January 14, 2018. Winners will be announced on announced on the MLK Jr. Day!